Revised May 22 th, 2018
THINK BlueRio (formerly BlueRio Strategies) and its BlueRio Institute offer many services including consulting, coaching, training, workshops and keynote presentations. We want to ensure you understand how important your privacy is to us.
THINK BlueRio (formerly BlueRio Strategies) may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from [May 22, 2018].
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our email notifications and/or newsletter
- Information that you provide to us in order to quote for a service
- Information that you provide to us when purchasing a service
- Information that you provide us to enroll in a course
- Information that you provide us to be included in a coach or consultant’s directory
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To administer this website
- To enable your access to and use of the website services
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- For newsletters
- We may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
- Surveys: From time to time, we may ask our users to participate in surveys, contests, promotions, and sweepstakes, which may be used to collect Personal Information. Participation is completely voluntary and declining to participate will not impact your use of the services.
- Payment Information. We collect certain payment and billing information when you purchase paid services. You might also provide payment information, such as payment card details, which we collect via secure payment processing services we use to manage credit card processing.
- We will never sell your information.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online, to the best of our ability, but there is always a risk when using the internet.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide while visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law.
Other information collected automatically through the Services. We also collect information automatically through the Services. This may include information such as your IP address and domain name, your location as inferred from your IP address, your internet service provider, the date and time of your visit to the Website, your use of the Services during your current session and over time (including the pages you view and the files you download), the URLs from the websites you visit before and after navigating to the Website, your computer’s or mobile device’s operating system and browser type, and your software and hardware attributes (including device IDs). We may collect such information using a variety of mechanisms, including the following:
- Server Logs. When you visit the Website, we automatically receive and record certain information from your computer (or other device) and your browser. This may include data such as your IP address, the pages you visit, or features you use on the Website, and your general geographic location as inferred from your IP address. To obtain such information, we may use server logs or similar applications that recognize your computer or other devices and gather information about their online activity.
- Essential Cookies: These cookies are essential to the functioning of the Services and allow you to interact with and use the features of the Services. If these cookies are not permitted by your browser, we will not be able to provide certain features of the Services to you.
- Preference Cookies: These cookies are used to collect information about your choices and preferences, such as your preferred language or the country from which you visit the Services. We use this information to customize the Services to your preferences.
- If you are concerned about having cookies on your computer, you can set your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being set, allowing you to decide whether to accept it. You can also delete cookies from your computer. However, if you choose to block or delete cookies, certain features of the Website may not operate correctly.
- Local storage. We also may use HTML5 local storage to collect and retain certain information about you. Data in local storage is not deleted when you clear your cookies, but it can be deleted by following the instructions provided by your browser developer.
Legal purposes. We also may use or share your information, including Personal Information, with third parties when we believe, in our sole discretion, that doing so is necessary:
- To comply with applicable law or a court order, subpoena, request from government or law enforcement, or other legal process;
- To investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, violations of our terms and conditions, or situations involving threats to our property or the property or physical safety of any person or third party;
- To establish, protect, or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims; or
- To facilitate the financing, securitization, insuring, merger, acquisition, sale, assignment, bankruptcy, or other disposal of all or part of our business or assets. In the event of an actual sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event relating to all or a portion of our business or assets, your information, including Personal Information, may be part of the transferred assets.
If you no longer want to receive marketing communications from THINK BlueRio please follow the “unsubscribe” instructions that are included in each email message. Please note that if you unsubscribe from our marketing communications, you may still receive administrative messages from time-to-time.
Please note that due to technical reasons there will likely be a delay in accessing or deleting your Personal Information from our systems if you request it. We also will retain personal Information in order to comply with the law, protect our and others’ rights, resolve disputes or enforce our legal terms or policies, to the extent permitted under applicable law.
We do not knowingly collect, and we ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive Personal Information on or through the Services. Such information includes, but is not limited to, social security numbers, financial account information (except for payment information as required), and information related to or revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, criminal background, or trade union membership.