Become a Certified Life Map Coach!!
Enroll for the 30-hour FOUNDATION. Center for Credentialing and Education, BCC-Approved training program
Introducing our new teacher’s assistant!
I am BEYOND delighted with the BlueRio coaching course! It was much more than I ever expected. As a therapist, I didn’t understand all the nuances and distinctions between therapy and coaching. I now feel prepared to launch my coaching practice, including the ready-made tools and contracts so generously included. Highly recommended! – Connie Lawrence, LISW-S, PAT, CLMC,
First learn the foundation of professional life coaching – also called Life Map coaching and develop a deep sense of understanding about yourself as well as others in terms of designing purposeful blueprints for living in a way that aligns with skills, strengths, values, visions, and missions.
BlueRio’s IA Coaching Model™ utilizes theories and practical applications stemming from strength-based development, positive psychology, Interpersonal neurobiology as well as branding to assist support professionals and coaches in uncovering a client’s best possible self. It also sheds light on strategies and tools to help clients map out their lives with purpose, authenticity, and accountability.
Life Map Coaching lays a foundation for clients to design sustainable lives, based on identifying purpose and having an alignment with values and skills. It is also about deepening their ability to manage life’s ebbs and flows with assertiveness and confidence. This training has been developed to meet all core competencies that the Center for Credentialing and Education requires for those who wish to earn an ADDITIONAL designation as a Board Certified Coach. This is NOT a mandatory path, however, many choose to pursue it. You may learn more about this credential by clicking here.
I just passed the BCC exam last Saturday and have received my BCC designation as well! Thanks for all of your help. Your course and coaching really helped to prepare me for the exam! Thanks, Amy S.
About the actual program:
30-hour foundation: Mastering the Core. Curriculum designed by the founder, Jessi LaCosta, BCC. Now offered with our Teacher’s Assistant, Shawn Jones.
Lessons Overview: (This is NOT an exhaustive list and does not substitute for the full syllabus.)
- Coaching History & Definition of Coaching
- BlueRio’s IA™ Model INQUIRY – TO – ACCOUNTABILITY
- Process of Screening and Orientation: client motivation level, informed consent, coach and client roles, etc.
- Ethical and Professional Practice in Coaching
Codes of ethics, advocacy, understanding professional practice of coaching
- Fundamental Coaching Skills: Building a basic coaching alliance, creating coaching plans, facilitate client development of decision-making skills, etc.
- Assessments – Using formal and informal tools and inventories to examine clients’ strengths, values, Assist the client in identifying issues that may influence the client’s goals (intro to neuroscience)
- Coaching roles in the context of organizational work
The core focus of the training is to inspire, educate and empower people to use coaching as vehicle to assist others.
MESSAGE FROM FOUNDER:
To read about the founder – visit this page.
Just a bit about the Teacher’s Assistant:
Shawn Jones, CLMC, CVDC, LCSW is a seasoned professional offering leadership, management, and healing solutions. As a coach he also brings about the perspectives of curiosity, compassion, and awareness and as a military veteran he brings diligence and process to situations. Shawn has held leadership and management positions in nonprofits, counseling positions in private practice and now is also working as a Military and Family Life Counselor.
BlueRio is honored to have him join the team as the Acting Teacher’s Assistant. Shawn has a robust history as a retired Army Sergeant First Class. He spent a total of 20.5 years in the service and has deployed four times, once to Kosovo, once to Iraq and twice to Afghanistan. After retiring Shawn worked in a group practice in Fayetteville, NC where he provided individual therapy to adults and children. Moving on from that, Shawn accepted the Program Director position for a military non-profit where he built out and oversaw the day to day functions of a call center that provided both case management services and resources to past and present military members and their families. During is last year and a half there he was asked to be the Interim Executive Director, where he provided insight to organizations and various media outlets about veterans issues the veteran suicide epidemic.
Access to the Internet
Free membership to access the private MyHaiku/PowerSchool portal
Course may be delivered as a 100% Virtual option, on-site, as a hybrid of online and on-site and also as an Independent Study. The course will run approximately 6 – 8 months if online or delivered as an Independent Study – When delivered live, on-site or as a hybrid of virtual and onsite program can be completed in as little as 4 weeks. **Currently ONLY the online independent study is available. Students potentially could complete this course in as little as two months (approx 2 -3 hours per week) or take as long as 6 months to graduate.
Bonus and Benefits:
All graduates will have an option for a free listing in a Future Coach Directory
- Graduates of the 30-hour program will have one private, virtual, 90-minute coaching session (or two 45-minute) after graduation with an instructor or a Teacher’s Assistant.
- Experience and train to use the Style Matters Communication and Conflict Inventory – Upon completion, of course, will be granted a dashboard that comes with 10 Style Matter Assessments to be used with clients $99 value
- Enrolling in the 30-hour course counts as Approved Training Hours to sit for the Center for Credentialing and Education’s Board Certified Coach Exam. **Please consult their site and/or our page to learn more about this ADDITIONAL (but not required) credential.
Requirements below are an example of the 100% online – Independent Study delivery.
30-hour Foundation ONLY:
$1100 $875 (14-day trial!)
1. Either One-one-One role-play with the Teacher’s Assistant: Two, 45-minute virtual sessions or send in 1 – 2 recorded calls with client or peer totaling 90 minutes – you as a coach and someone as a client
2. Exams: You must pass three exams (coaching, communication and conflict, final
3. Client Coaching: You are required to demonstrate proof of 6 hours of client coaching
- Discussion Posts (Found Under Activities Tab and Discussions) Answers/posting to a minimum of 4 discussion topic posts (9 available from which to choose)
- Assignments (Found Under Activities Tab and Assignments)
- One short reflection paper (This is equivalent to 3 paragraphs minimum – but no more than 2 pages long at maximum and can relate to either readings/Video I assign or articles or video you find.)
- Coaching Conversations- 1 page
- Coaching Plan based off of case study
- Signed Code of Ethics
- Signed proof of coaching form
YOU MAY PAY IN FULL OR YOU PAY 1/2 NOW AND 1/2 WITHIN 30 DAYS OF ENROLLMENT AND PURCHASE.
CANCELLATION: Test the Course for 14 days – NEW
***CANCELLATION POLICY FOR Life Map Coach Training and Certification
CLMC: You must begin your course within 30 days of purchase. After 30 days it is non-refundable. Once you begin your course you have 14 days trial. Should the curriculum/course not be a fit you may ask for a refund. Requests must be made in writing and emailed or contact us for our mailing address. No refunds after you have been enrolled for 2 weeks or more. (Funds may be rolled into other offerings such as one-on-one coaching or into a different training program.)