Become a Certified Life Map Coach and CHOOSE your Focus.
New course. 60-hours Board Certified Coach Training Hours
First learn the foundations of professional life coaching – also called Life Map coaching and develop a deep sense of understanding about yourself as well as others in terms of designing purposeful blueprints for living in a way that aligns with skills, strengths, values, visions and missions.
Then enhance your learning by addtional lessons in one of the following three areas:
- Individual and Family Dynamics
- Personal Branding
BlueRio Strategies’ IA Coaching Model™, utilizes theories and practical applications stemming from strength-based development, positive psychology, Interpersonal neurobiology as well as branding to assist support professionals and coaches in uncovering a client’s best possible self. It also sheds light on strategies and tools to help clients map out their lives with purpose, authenticity and accountability.
Life Map Coaching lays a foundation for clients to design sustainable lives, based in identifying purpose and having an alignment with values and skills. It is also about deepening their ability to manage life’s ebbs and flows with assertiveness and confidence. This training has been developed to meet all core competencies that the Center for Credentialing and Education requires for those who wish to earn an ADDITIONAL designation as a Board Certified Coach. This is NOT a mandatory path, however many choose to pursue it. You may learn more about this credential by clicking here.
Jessi, I just want to say thank you and that I totally enjoyed the course, your personal stories were easy to relate to, you sharpened my listening and communication skills. This will definitely help me to assist my clients in need. Keep up the good work, I would recommend this course to all new case managers and for others who need brushing up on their skills. Gratefully, John Rossi, Area Director, Westchester Community Opportunity Program, Inc. , White Plains Community Action Partnership (White Plains, NY)
About the actual program:
The core focus of the training is to inspire, educate and empower people to use coaching as vehicle to assist others.
• Individual & the Family Dynamics focus = Explore areas such as: Appreciating diversity within a social and family context, effective communications – all with a goal of moving an individual and family members to healthier, effective and productive lives.
• Personal Branding for Clients = Explore history of branding, personal branding and communicating through a brand, IACEE model and strategies for harnessing a personal brand to propel a client’s life forward.
• Mindfulness & IPNB = Explore basic brain functions, domains of integration, a mindful approach to caring for self as the coach and ways to enhance clients’ coaching through mindfulness
Access to the Internet
Free membership to access the private MyHaiku/PowerSchool portal
Course may be delivered as a 100% Virtual option, on-site, as a hybrid of online and on-site and also as an Independent Study. Course will run approximately 6 – 8 months if online or delivered as an Independent Study
Requirements below are an example for the 100% online delivery.
- Completion of ALL homework assignments
- Minimum One Hour Coaching with Instructor (Role-Play for non BCC-holders)
- Pass four exams with a 75 or above (alternative assignments may be offered if requested)
- Must commit to at least 2 posts in online discussion forum for each discussion topic (posts may be original or reply posts to others.)
- Capstone Project
- Completion of 6 Peer Coaching Hours
- Proof of 8 coaching hours with paid or pro-bono client (Not required for those holding a BCC credential)
- Signed Code of Ethics form
Here is an example of a modified requirement for an Independent Study:
- One-one-One role-play with instructor: Two, 45-minute virtual sessions
- Exams: four exams
- Client Coaching: You are required to demonstrate proof of 8 hours of client coaching
- Answers/posting to a minimum of 6 discussion topic posts (10 available)
- Three short reflection papers (These are equivalent to 3 paragraphs minimum – but no more than 2 pages long at maximum and can relate to either readings/Video I assign or articles or video you find)
- Coaching Conversations- 1 page
- Coaching Plan based off of case study
Lessons Overview: (This is NOT an exhaustive list and does not substitute for the full syllabus.)
- Coaching History & Definition of Coaching
- BlueRio’s IA™ Model INQUIRY – TO – ACCOUNTABILITY
- Process of Screening and Orientation: client motivation level, informed consent, coach and client roles etc.
- Ethical and Professional Practice in coaching
Codes of ethics, advocacy, understanding professional practice of coaching
- Fundamental coaching Skills: Building a basic coaching alliance, creating coaching plans, facilitate client development of decision-making skills etc.
- Assessments – Using formal and informal tools and inventories to examine clients’ strengths, values, Assist client in identifying issues that may influence the client’s goals (intro to neuroscienc•
- Coaching roles in the context of organizational work
Family Dynamics Focus:
- Family Systems Theory (overview)
- Communication Lesson
- Things that affect family dynamics – finance, education, employment Cultural Diversity, etc.
Personal Branding Focus:
- History of branding/What is a personal brand
- IACCE lesson
- Using SOAR or SWOT for Strategy Building,
- Surveys Surveys to help measure others’ perception
- Creating a Platform for Messaging of Personal Bran
Mindfullness and IPNB
- Brain, IPNB & Domains of Integration
- Wheel of awareness
- Practices to take Clients through to Utilize Mindfulness in Coaching
- COSTS? Program is valued at $2500. Introductory cost will be priced at $2100
Future news about this program:
Expected by late summer/early Fall, a 35-hour version of the FOUNDATION ONLY. This will be a great option for those who want Board-Certified Coach training yet ONLY need 35 hours. The focuses of Family Dynamics, Personal Branding, Mindfulness and Military Transition will then be offered as additional education – approximately 25 hours and can be purchased seperately for continuing education purposes.