There are MANY opportunities to serve our military service members, their families, their colleagues and the communities in which they live. Some of you may be managers who hire veterans and reservists. Others may be spouses or partners seeking to support military-connected people and find a career that allows independence and flexibility. You may be a veteran yourself who intends to volunteer at a local non-profit and believes that coaching is a powerful tool that will help other veterans, If you fall into any of these categories – or are just interested in learning more about innovative ways to create a great culture by helping those who have served our country and helped us – please consider coach training. And also – I would ask to consider this particular training program.
BlueRio Strategies has been offering high-caliber training programs for more than 9 years and the past six years has offered the nation’s first CCE-BCC Approved, FULL coaching certification program that specifically trains people to assist military veterans.
I am the founder, Jessi LaCosta. This is part of my calling – to build a sustainable, resilient world – with leadership and community being strategic, results-focused and yet empathetic and compassionate in their approaches. We must find a way to come together. Coaching is just one of the many ways to do that – yet I must admit – even if I am biased, it is a magnificent way.
First-hand, I have experienced the profound growth in people who are coached. I am honored to have been working with service-members, veterans and professionals who hire them – facilitating life-mapping, career transitions and career management for more than seven years.
My certification courses are not watered-down, simply pre-recorded lessons, check-the-box type of lessons. Most blend lecture, readings, and collaboration among participants, and thought-provoking assignments. Rather than paint by numbers approach to coach training, they implore you to dig deeper within yourself – to manifest your truest and deepest potential so you can do that for others. My courses have been called, intense, on-fire, challenging and rewarding. One of my mottoes is “you get out of it – what you put into it” – yet I will be walking that path with you as are you dedicated to this very purposeful achievement – a Life-Map Coach Certification. I take this seriously and feel each and every one of my students has brilliance within – so I do all in my power to support each person who enrolls. Even after graduation, the relationship does not stop, as each graduate is invited into a free, online portal to share insights and resources with others who have taken the same courses. Details on the new program are below…This program is based on the Flagship program Hawk Eye. In fact, it is what I consider an updated, improved version of what has already earned a well-respected reputation as one of the ONLY full coach certification programs in the USA to focus on coaches supporting service members.
The best educational experiences I have ever had. I feel lucky to have been part of the Hawk Eye training. Jessi is a wonderful instructor. I am truly grateful to have been part of this learning experience. KW- Cohort 14 – CVDC
You can come from any field – however the most common professionals who use coaching as a tool in their toolbox and would benefit from BlueRio’s Full Certification Program are:
- Trained Social Workers
- Career Counselors
- Managers & Supervisors of Service Members
- Workforce Development Professionals
- Nonprofit Professionals
- Human Resource Consultants
- Educators (Higher Education)
- Military Partners/Spouses
About This BCC-Approved Training
BlueRio Strategies trains individuals (civilians and military) using a high-caliber, robust curriculum. The core focus of the training is to inspire, educate and empower people to use coaching as vehicle to assist military-connected individuals as they design sustainable lives, effective career maps and master transitioning from a military-focused life to the civilian sector with dignity and purpose. The program is also designed to encourage the participants/students to engage in deep reflection, experiencing potentially profound changes in their own lives as they train to support changes in their clients’ lives. BlueRio’s innovative process is founded in relational neuroscience, positive and strength-based strategies and what the founder calls Life-Mapping that is relatable, realistic and motivating. While it focuses on service members and their families as the main clientele who a coach may work with, the program offers tools and strategies for collaborating and supporting virtually anyone who is in a major career transition or for those who are currently managing teams of service members and would like to earn a coach certification.
Purpose, Benefits and Outcomes:
- Participants Will/Receive:
- Acquire foundations for life coaching and career management
Improve confidence in working with service members and their families coaching for sustainable life design and career management
- Experience and train to use at least two assessment tools (The VAL – Value Arrangements List and the Style Matters Communication and Conflict Inventory and will be able to test and train to become certified to administer the VAL
- (One VAL assessment and Report)
- Training to use the VAL assessment for your own clients or staff – One Style Matters Conflict Mode Assessment and Report
- Experience coaching using role-play among peers as well as deliver actual coaching
- One coaching session with founder after completion of course ($179 value)
- Free Listing in veteran coaching directory
- Recognition as a Certified Life Map Coach, Specializing in service members, veterans and their families
- Develop heightened problem-solving skills
- Improve self-awareness and leadership abilities
- Cultivate and innovative coaching strategies, and refine personal styles
- Develop leadership and development skills to help people in career, college and life management.
- Use insight to offer services in many communities for under-served populations
- *Can be used as CE units for CCE-Board Certified Coaches – read more about this credential here.
- Acquire foundations for life coaching and career management
ABOUT COACH TRAINING – WHY SHOULD YOU CONSIDER IT?
Every few years, the ICF (International Coach Federation), via PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP, administers a global study of coaches worldwide (including non-ICF members), the results offer a snapshot of where the profession of coaching is, right now, and what the future of coaching may be.
HIGHLIGHTS FROM THE 2016 ICF STUDY:
- Over 15,000 respondents, from 137 countries, took the survey
- The ICF estimates there are over 50,000 professional coaches, worldwide
- Coaching earns over $2 Billion per year in US Dollars.
So What do Coaches Earn?
- Income varies widely – many factors include type of coaching, experience, location etc.…
- Globally, coaches average $51,000 per year USD.
- The highest earners are in Oceania ($73,000 ), followed by N. America (almost $62,000), and W. Europe ($55,000 ).
- Lowest earnings are in E. Europe, Latin America, and the Caribbean ($18,000 – $27,000 ).
- Most coaches (75%) expect their annual income to increase in the near future
- Some coaches (45%) expect their fees to increase in the near future
WHAT ABOUT TRAINING AND CERTIFICATION?
- 99% of professional coaches have coach-specific training
- 81% have studied in an accredited or approved program (BlueRio and Hawk Collaborative offer three Center for Credentialing and Education, BCC-Approved programs. BlueRio’s Life-Mapping Coaching and Lead and Thrive
- Over two-thirds have completed at least 125 approved/accredited hours of coach training.
- 77% say their clients expect coaches to be certified.
- 44% say the biggest obstacle to the coaching profession is untrained individuals who call themselves, coaches.
What else do you need to know about Track A?
You will need a computer with internet access for the online/private website portion.
You get 60 hours of training –depending on offering this will be earned either via a blend of on-site and onlline learning or via 100% online delivery of partly self-paced readings, videos and audio assignments, homework and peer coaching.
If enrolling in a cohort, know they are intimate in size, usually averaging 7 – 10 students, although each session varies and there is a minimum of 6 enrolled students per cohort and a maximum of 25 during one cohort. It is an intensive, rigorous program that moves VERY quickly.All students are expected to actively contribute to online discussions (weekly.)
**Independent Study participants will have an equally rigourous program modeled after the cohort program, yet participation will be limited to on-on-one engagement with the instructor and founder. Time-frame to earn Full Certification ranges from 6 – 8 months.
PLEASE READ REQUIREMENTS OF THIS COURSE BEFORE ENROLLING – Earning the CLMC/CVDC is an esteemed distinction – this course is rich with information intended to provide the highest quality coaches to serve our veterans and military-connected community.
*inquire about non-profit or military-related discounts.
The technology for ALL tracks includes an on-line portal called MyPowerSchool https://resources.haikulearning.com/danielt/howtousehaikulearningforstudents/cms_page/view
TRACK A PROGRAM INCLUDES:
The program design/curriculum is Copyrighted by BlueRio Strategies. © 2017
The outline below is a window into the program and is slightly modified for on-site delivery and Independent Study Participants.
- Four Modules of Lessons
- Total Lessons = 22 lessons
- Exams = 3
- Homework = 2
- Peer & Client Coaching Hours = 8 peer,10 client
- Formal Assessments/Inventories Given Training = 2
- Discussion Forum – 1 post every 2 weeks (min) approx. 12 posts min –
- One private coaching session with Founder ( after completion of course)
The entire program is delivered on-line with live web-based and offline sessions. You will need a computer with Internet access. High-speed Internet is recommended. CLMC, Cohort 1 is approximately 6 months from start to graduation**Those who want the additional CVDC designation must send in a reflection paper on how coaching a veteran may be different and what tools or techniques they intend to use or commit to a CAPSTONE project that is veteran-focused.
OUTLINE OF COURSE: (Overview)
Four modules, 22 lessons
Start Module 1 Lesson – Basics of Coaching – Understanding The Clients
- Lesson 1: Coaching History, BlueRio’s Foundational IA™ process ,What is Coaching? – BCC Core Comps
- Lesson 2: Military Experience: General lessons on military mindset, experiences inside military, experiences for family and spouses, experiences with transitions – work and life balance – lecture, videos, interviews
- Lesson 3: Ethics: BlueRio Code of Ethics, BCC Ethics
- Lesson 4: Coaching Session Samples
- Lesson 5: Setting Foundations, Creating Agreements – Screening, Creating Intake Sheets, Developing Agreements and Contracts.
- Lesson 6: Setting Boundaries as well as terminating Clients
- Lesson 7: Assessments – how to assess for strengths, gaps etc.
- Lesson 8: Intro to Coaching Plans (Basic Look at Planning using BlueRio’s Foundational IA™ Model as an example)
- Lesson 9: COACHING VS. THERAPY & MORE: Lessons on differences, when to refer out – brief lessons on TBI, PTS Inner Conflict [AKA Moral Injury] Survivor’s Guilt, PTG
MODULE 2: Understanding Motivation, Communication & Conflict (Module 2 will explore how people are motivated, how they communicate and manage conflict and how IPNB and relational neuroscience supports these findings and offers ways for coaches to serve clients to their best capacity while tapping into a sense of Purpose.
- Lesson 10: Basics of the Brain
Lesson 11: Basics of IPNB, relational neuroscience, attunement etc.
- Lesson 12: Motivation Theories
- Lesson 13: Delving into Purpose (Strengths, weaknesses)
- Lesson 14: Goal-Setting, WOOP
- Lesson 15: Communication and Conflict
- Lesson 16: **Offer Style Matters and The VAL- recorded lessons on using both
- Lesson 17: Calming Techniques for coach and clients
MODULE 3: Platforms for Messaging of Purpose, Branding
- Lesson 18: Strategies & Problem-solving: Ladder of Inference, GAP Analysis, Force-Field Analysis, SWOT, SOAR)
- Lesson 19: Personal Branding
- Lesson 20: Mapping Life/Career – more in-depth Coach Planning and Case Studies
- Sub-lessons of 20: Lessons on interviewing, networking, videos, templates
MODULE 4: Finishing Up….
- Lesson 21: Growing Your Practice
- Lesson 22: SELF CARE & RESOURCES
Programs of this quality range from $1900 – $3500. Due to the nature of who enrolls (veterans, military-connected, nonprofit professionals, well-intended citizens, we offer the new CLMC program at a special rate. $1500 if paid in full, $1600 if paid in installments. *On-site training and Independent Study Participants Enrollment Fees may differ, please contact. We will continue to offer military discounts, nonprofit discounts and scholarships. Please know the applications for scholarships has become very competitive.
We do all we can to serve those who need it. Yet the funding comes literally from the founder and when and if any other businesses offer additional support.