BlueRio’s process is based in the latest brain-science, positive and strength-based strategies. While it focuses on veterans as the coaches’ main clientele, the program offers tools and strategies for collaborating and supporting virtually anyone who is in a career transition or seeking career and life management assistance.
- Track C: 2017 – (Available late August – early September : 27 CEUS for $351 or 35 CEUS for $455. Military discounts….)
***Beginning in 2018 a new name with a sightly modified focus: BlueRio’s Life Mapping Coach Training -Specializing in transition and development for service members, veterans and their families. Graduates will earn a CLMC – Certified Life Mapping Coach designation and will have the option to retain the CVDC as well.
BlueRio’s Hawk Eye process is based in the latest brain-science, positive and strength-based strategies. While it focuses on veterans as the coaches’ main clientele, the program offers tools and strategies for collaborating and supporting virtually anyone who is in a career transition or seeking career and life mapping.
This Continuing Education Training Program for Coaches Holding BCC Credentials Meets CCE/BCC Requirements (Also Approved under the Prior Intensive Process for 2013/2014) and now for 2015 and 2016 is designed to meet requirements in the following areas:
- Coaching Fundamentals
- Coaching Individuals
- Business and Organizational Coaching
The Life Mapping Coach Training for Service Members and their Families (formerly known as Hawk Eye Coach BCC) Home-Study Program provides an opportunity to earn 27 or 35* continuing education credits.
” This course provided a phenomenal amount of practical knowledge regarding the mindset of the veteran, and ways to guide vets to setting and reaching goals in the civilian world, which can be quite a culture shock for them if not adequately prepared.
I currently work with clients with addiction issues, through our family court system, and more and more veterans are coming through the program. Understanding more about how they got there helps immensely, also, as they finish treatment, get their children, families back, they are often left to their own devices to move forward. This gives me something substantial to work with now, to help prepare for what is next for them. After all, life should move forward after treatment, not go into a holding pattern for them.” JMR, LPC, BCC
- Enhance your current leadership and coaching skills
- Boost your resume for coaching and facilitating at nonprofits and for-profits
- Earn 27 – 35 continuing education credits. (All BCCs must take 70 hours of training within 5 years to recertify)
- Take, train, and certify to administer values-based assessment (The VAL)
- Take the Style Matters Conflict Assessment
- Increase your knowledge of veterans challenges and potential
- Develop heightened problem-solving skills
- Develop career management tools
- Understand conflict-management and communication modes
- Use insight to offer services in many communities for under-served populations
- Get a FREE listing in the Coach Directory
- Make lasting impact for others – uncovering their potential and partnering with them to succeed. It is a phenomenal feeling.
The links below will take you to the Coaches For Veterans website
Did you know?
Veterans are smart, dedicated and resilient people. They sometimes, however, find transitioning out of the military and into the civilian sector as a challenging experience. Coaching provides a trusted, empowering solution.
According to the BOL, in 2011 the unemployment rate among female veterans who served since Sept. 2001 was 16.8% (up from 2010) compared to 7.8% (slightly down from 2010) for their civilian counterparts
• 13.1% of all OIF & OEF veterans were jobless in December 2011
• Nearly 22% of female veterans (~50,000) who served during both wars were unemployed in December 2011.
• 61 % of employers do not believe they have “a complete understanding of the qualifications ex-service members offer,”
• More than three-quarters of veterans entering the civilian workforce reported “an inability to effectively translate their military skills to civilian terms.
Nonprofits are starting to use career and life coaches as well. For just over six years, LaCosta, the founder of BlueRio Strategies and The Hawk Collaborative has been coaching veterans and reservists. She also coached and trained hundreds of service members as facilitator in a California Military Transition Program.
She has also enlisted advisors to ensure the quality of the curriculum. One, Joseph Almond is an Army Veteran, Consultant and Executive Coach. The other, Dr. Debra Pearce-McCall is a therapist who specializes in organizational consulting, performance training as well as trauma-related concerns.You can learn more about them here. (this takes you to an outside site)
Hawk Eye Veteran Development Coaching utilizes proven approaches that develop exciting career and leadership training skills to help people advance in education, career, and in life management. You too, can advance yourself professionally, and develop dynamic and empowering tools to help others redefine their futures. The entire program is delivered virtually as a self-paced, home-study course.
- Online access to curriculum (articles, audio clips, videos)
- Most lessons also available as PDF downloads to view off-line
- One VAL assessment and instructions to administer it for your clients
- One Style Matters Conflict Assessment
- Online quizzes to ensure your mastery of the subject
- Certificate of training completion (delivered via email)
- Free listing in the Coach Directory
Cost of program: New 27 CEUS for $351 or 35 CEUS for $455.
TRACK C REQUIREMENTS:
The entire program is delivered on-line with in a private portal (website dedicated for each session.) You will need a computer with internet access. High-speed internet is recommended. You have up to 6 months from the time you start the course and finish to earn your certificate of completion.
Updated Requirements Coming Soon!
No prerequisites required – No required additional textbooks to purchase.
Apply for a scholarship (coming soon)
This TOTALLY comprehensive program goes far above and beyond what one would expect to cover in a 22 CEU program. If you want to provide exceptional services to Veterans, this is definitely the best investment you will ever make! It is hard to believe that such an in-depth program exists, and I thank Jessi LaCosta for sharing such valuable information with others. Her brilliance shines through in every detail of this program, and it is obvious that she has a calling to serve our Veterans. This program is definitely worth several times what I paid… and I feel very fortunate that I heard about it from CCE. Barbara J Kiernan Career Coach for UOP (Active Military and Veteran Students and Alumni)
The course is broken down into 4 modules – with approximately 16 – 20 lessons – more information coming soon!
Sample of lesson topics: (This is NOT a complete list of sessions)
- BlueRio Coaching Process
- Understanding and clarifying obstacles client may face in coaching
- Understanding and Utilizing IPNB-based thinking: (basic intro)
- Building resonance and attunement with clients
- Review/exploration of general fears/concerns about the transition process
- How to help veteran navigate the reality of the transition landscape
- Important Issues with spouses and partners
- Theories of motivation – engagement- accessing clients’ strengths
- Basic overview of interpersonal communication
- Communication in conflicts
- Helping to determine client’s visions, values, missions/purpose
- Overview of personal branding/brand-centered sustainability
- Career Choice and Resource Support
- Basic overview of resumes/cover letter
There is a required non-refundable registration fee for the Home Study Program of $35. This is included in the price of the program and guarantees your spot in the class at the price at time of purchase.
You may cancel within 7 days of registration and before start of your class. You will get a refund minus the cost of the registration fee.
Emergency cancellations will be accepted on a case-by-case basis.
BlueRio Strategies, The Hawk Collaborative and Hawk Eye Coaching Do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, sexual preference, or national and ethnic origin in administration of its admission procedures, grading and coaching.